Bodies of the Institute of International Relations
Based on the Public research institutions Act (No. 341/2005), the IIR has three bodies: The IIR Director, The IIR Board and the The IIR Superisory Board. Apart from these main bodies, the IIR has two other ones which are constituted according to the Institute's Rules of Procedure: The Committee for Labour Affairs and The Ethical Committee.
is the statutory representative of the IIR and decides about all matters of the Institute which are not entrusted by the law to the founder or to the other two bodies. The Director of the IIR is appointed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech republic, based on the proposal of the IIR Board.
The current Director is Doc. Ing. Mgr. Petr Kratochvíl, Ph.D.
The IIR Board
is one of the bodies of the Institute of International Relations as a public research institution. The rights and duties of the Board are laid out by the Public research institutions Act (341/2005). The tasks of the IIR Board comprise the following:
- maintaining the aim with which the IIR has been established, pursuing public interest in the activities of IIR and overlooking its due management
- outlining and directing the activities of IIR according to the IIR Charter, deciding about the conception of future development of the IIR
- adopting the IIR budget and its amendments, as well as mid-term financial plan
- ratifying internal regulations of the IIR such as election rules for the Board, rules for managing financial funds of the IIR, etc.
- endorsing the Annual report
- discussing amendments to the IIR Charter
- proposing the division, integration or unification of the IIR (with other institutions)
- announcing selection procedures for the position of IIR Director, proposing the callback of the Director
- discussing research proposals and research projects
- discussing proposals of agreements of international cooperation and cooperation with institutions of the Czech Republic
IIR Board Members
Members of the Board are elected by IIR researchers from among themselves (internal members) and from specialists-members of other institutions, governmental bodies which conduct research and the beneficiaries of the IIR research outcomes (external members). The current IIR Board was elected on 1st February 2012 and consists of the following members (I=internal, E=external):
President: Doc. PhDr. Ing. Ondřej Císař, Ph.D. (E)
Vice-president: Doc. Mgr. Ing. Petr Kratochvíl, Ph.D. (I)
Other members of the Board:
Prof. PhDr. Pavel Barša, M.A., Ph.D. (I)
Doc. MPhil. Jozef Bátora, Ph.D. (E)
Doc. JUDr. PhDr. Veronika Bílková, E.MA., Ph.D. (I)
PhDr. Ondřej Ditrych, MPhil., Ph.D. (I)
Mgr. Jakub Dürr (E)
Ing. Ondřej Horký-Hlucháň, Ph.D. (I)
PhDr. Michal Kořan, Ph.D. (I)
Prof. Jacques Rupnik, M.A., Ph.D. (E)
Ing. Jiří Schneider (E)
The Supervisory Board
is one of the bodies of the Institute of International Relations as a public research institution. Its rights and duties are laid out by the Public research institutions Act (341/2005 Sb.). They comprise mainly:
- the supervision of the activities and management of the public research institution
- the supervision of the handling with the property of the public research institution
- the right of proposal to the founder that the Director be recalled
- the preparation of proposals of the rules of procedure of the Supervisory Board and their changes
- the right to express opinion on the draft budget of the public research institution, on its way of management, on proposals of amendments to the institution's charter, on proposals of division, integration or unification of the institution (with other institutions), on research proposals, on draft annual reports, etc.
Members of the IIR Supervisory Board
Members of the Supervisory Board are appointed and recalled by the founder (in the case of the IIR it is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic) so that it reasonably represents the founder, and, eventually, also the employees of the public research institution.
The current Supervisory Board, appointed in 2010, consists of the following members:
Chairman: Mr. David Kral, Director of the Policy Planning Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
Mr. Petr Kanka, Head of the Department of Administration and Services, Institute of International Relations
Mr. Josef Kreuter, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
Mr. Miloslav Stašek, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
Mr. Libor Stein, Institute of International Relations
IIR bodies constituted according to the Institute's Rules of Procedure:
The Committee for Labour Affairs which is appointed by the IIR Director from among the members of the IIR Board, and
The Ethical Committee whose constitution and activities are laid out by the IIR Research Ethics Code.