The library provides reades with:
- 6 databases
- almost 200 CDs
- 24 journals available on-line
- more than 250 internet addresses of periodicals
- Characteristics: International Relations Electronic Library (IReL) is a gateway made by IIR library, allowing to search through a number of databases. This project was realized with the financial support of The Ministry of Culture of The Czech Republic.
- Type: IReL provides access to many relevant foreign and Czech sources of information (full text and bibliographic databases, catalogues including the IIR library catalogue).
- Area: international relations, particular states and regions, international law, international economics etc.
ProQuest Central (database)
- Type: full text.
- Contents: ProQuest Central is a comprehensive collection of 29 databases, making bibliographic references of articles (mostly supplemented summaries) from more then 17 500 special journals accessible in English. Full texts of half of them are available.
- Area: humanities and social science, medicine, business, trade, applied natural science and telecommunication & computer technology.
- Type: full text.
Contents: EBSCO allows for the EBSCO host online access to 10 databases comprising more than 3 300 titles of special journals, newspapers and items of news from commercial agencies, and more than 1300 publications of a handbook type with full texts from the area of humanities, social sciences and medicine.
Academic Search Premier - One of the biggest scientific multidisciplinary full text databases developed especially for academic institutions. It contains a number of reviewed journals which aren't available in any other similar database. In total, the database contains more than 8.000 titles from which more than 4500 are full text ones.
- Area: humanities and social science, education, computer science, technique, linguistic, fine art and literature, medicine or ethnology.
Business Source Complete - Various types of different documents - journals, financial date, books, conference papers, case studies. Contains over 4 000 journal titles (more than 3 000 in full text) and 25 000 monographies.
- Area: business, trade
- Type: full text.
- Contents: JSTOR represents an on-line database comprising digitized full texts from more than 250 scientific journals. All journals are fully digitized from the first issue of the first volume until the "moving wall" of three or five years ago. The IIR has subscribed the access to the collections of the Arts & Sciences I and Arts & Sciences II.
- Arts & Sciences I
It focuses on the first titles obtained by the JSTOR from the branch humanities and social science.
- Arts & Sciences II
It concentrates on history, economics, territorial and national studies (Asia, Africa, Central Europe...) and classical studies.
- Area: humanities and social science, fine arts, mathematics, statistics et al.
- Characteristic: Portal Electronic Journals Library (Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek) was created at Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg and at present, more than 430 libraries and research institutions in Germany and other European countries (including the Czech Republic) help to construct it.
- Contents: It offers access to all full text electronic journals which are available in our library, no matter whether these are part of one of the databases or whether it is individual titles purchased with their electronic versions.
It contains more than 24 000 titles of journals almost 10 000 of which are freely available.
- Area: humanities and social science, techniques, information science et al.
- Characteristic: International Relations and Area Studies (Internationale Beziehungen und Länderkunde) portal is provided by the Fachinformationsverbund Internationale Beziehungen und Länderkunde. Together there are twelve institutions participating under the lead of Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik in Berlin.
- Contents: allows searching through following databases:
Worlds Affairs Online (FIV - IBLK) - 800.000 title records (articles, book chapters, journals, study reports, online publications) since 1974.
Database ECONIS (German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics) – over 5 million title records for business studies, economics and practice - oriented economic literature.
Library of the Fridrich Ebert Foundation – more than 600 000 title records for political and social topics, modern history of Germany and some other countries.
GIZ Database LITDOK (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) – 190 000 title records of articles, books, on-line publications and grey literature.
SciencePo – Part of Library Collections – chosen articles from English and German journals focused on international reltions.
Online Contents IBLK (Database OLC-SSG International Relations and Area Studies) – article references for 822 journals focusing on political science, economy, particular regions (e.g. Middle East).
WAO-Treaties (international treaties concerning secuirity issues) – references to full texts of 1 800 treaties signed since 1945.
Euro-Thesaurus (European Information Network on International Relations and Area Studies) - a contorolled vocabulary focused on international relations, international security and area studies, contains over 8 200 terms available in 9 languages(English, French, Spain, Russian, Italian, Polish, Czech, Croatian).
- Type: full text
- Contents: articles from 290 journals and re-digitized documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics.
- Area: humanities and social science
Periodicals with a purchased electronic version
Adelphi papers (since 1997)
Africa Research Bulletin: Economic, Financial and Technical Series (2006-2008)
Africa Research Bulletin: Political, Social and Cultural Series (2006-2008)
Contemporary Security Policy (2005-2008)
European Journal of International Relations (since 1999)
European Journal of International Security (since 2016)
European Security (2005-2007, 2009-2011)
Foreign Policy Analysis (2006-2008)
China Quarterly (2001-2012)
International Political Sociology (2007- 2008)
International Studies Perspectives (2006- 2008)
International Studies Quarterly (2006- 2008)
International Studies Review (2006- 2008)
Journal of Common Market Studies (1997-2016)
Journal of Contemporary China (2015)
Journal of Contemporary History (2000)
Journal of Development Studies (2005)
Journal of European Public Policy (2005-2016)
Journal of Peace Research (2000-2002)
Mediterranean Politics (2005-2011)
Middle East Policy (2006- 2008)
Millenium: Journal of International Studies (since 2012)
Review of International Studies (since 1997)
Security Dialogue (2006-2008)
Security Studies (2007-2008)
Strategic Comments (electronic version only, since 1997)
Studies in Conflict & Terrorism (2008-2011)
Survival (since 1997)
Terrorism and Political Violence (2008-2011)
Military Balance (since 1997)
Strategic Survey (since 1997)
Including the IIR periodicals: